Washington Twp. Rededicates Graves Of Soldiers

  • 10/7/2017 4:35:06 PM
  • Kelly Stobie
  • Local News

WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, OH - Washington Township took the time Saturday morning to rededicate the graves of two soldiers that were found between the Washington Township Fire Station and Chipotle.

The graves were given fresh, new grave markers that were installed by the Washington Township Road Department, who also prepared the cemetery lawn and assembled other old grave markers into their current locations.

Army Private Soloman Culver (August 1760 - April 1855) served as Washington Township's first Trustee. He had owned a sawmill on what is now State Route 13 and was a Revolutionary War veteran.

Army Private Thomas Culver (January 1834 - September 1864) was the grandson of Soloman Culver. He served the Union and the state of Ohio during the Civil War.

More Local News

Our top stories from around the area
  • Meet Walter - WMFD's Pet Of The Week

    • 10/18/2017 12:23:12 PM
    • Tyler Warner
    • Local News

    Walter is a 3-year-old male hound mix available for adoption at the Humane Society of Richland County in Ontario.

Local News

More stories from around the area